Choosing the look you desire on your special day can be an overwhelming decision. Therefore we have created a few simple tips for you to keep in mind, to help with your decision making and help you prepare for your beauty services before we arrive.
1. Book a trial! Your trial day is as important to us as it is for you. We will take our time on that day to build a relationship as we go through photo options that will really capture your vision. Once we narrow down a few looks, we will indulge in those different styles. Have an open mind during your hair trial, as we will most likely disturb the curl while trying different styles, making the hair a little bit more frizzy. On your event day it will be polished and perfected.
2. Bring pictures! When you find a picture of a hairstyle or makeup you like, question if that person has the same hair type, skin tone, face shape, eye shape etc... All of these play a huge role whether the style is going to work for you or not. Surprisingly, a hairstyle on a blonde will look completely different on a brunette. Blonde hair is more light reflective than darker hair and detailing will stand out a lot more on blonde hair. Some styles look big and full, but you may not have the amount of hair the style requires. Extensions can help with your volume and length. During your trial we will make suggestions and explain what will or will not work with your hair, skin and features.
3. We always suggest to brides that are brunette, to have highlights done, or blondes to add lowlights with their pre-wedding color. This will add dimension and emphasize the details in your hair style and will really pick up beautifully in pictures. We have a full home based salon where we preform colors and cuts, so if you would like your hair style to reflect the dimension and detail especially in your wedding photos, just let us know and we would be glad to book you in. One to two weeks before your wedding is recommended, so be sure to book in advance.
4. Is your hair fine and doesn't hold curl well? Does it go wild with humidity? If you are concerned about your curls falling out or your hair going frizzy if it's a hot day, you might want to lean towards having your hair all up or at least half pinned. We do use high quality styling products that do an exceptional job of retaining curl, but there is only so much we can do on a humid day when your hair is fine or curl resistant. For those of you with natural curl, do you want to utilize your own curl in the style for a natural look, or do you want it smoothed out with polished formed curls? Our number one goal is to ensure you are pleased with the outcome, so the more info we have about your hair, the easier it is for us to make suggestions and customize your style.
5. You may think, "If I go last to get my hair and makeup done, then it will be fresh and last longer.", but as the clock ticks, and if we happen to be running behind, I do not want us both to feel rushed. I want to spend the most time on you because that is most important. Then once we're done the group I can always make touch ups if needed and help you with your veil placement. We usually like to start the bride in the middle, so your neither first nor last depending on your group size.
6. The clients having their hair done, needs to have their hair 100% dry. Curl will not last if it has even the slightest amount of moisture. I recommend using some product after you last wash it, such as a gel or mouse and blow it dry. We don't recommend washing it the morning of, as your hair may still not hold curl well. Anyone who has naturally curly or frizzy hair, it is very helpful for us if you can pre-straighten your hair before hand. It gives us a smooth canvas to work with and saves a lot of time as we do not account for any prep work when we figure out timing.
If you are having your makeup done, be sure it is free of previous makeup and if you have your own moisturizer, apply that as well.
Exfoliate your lips in the morning with a lip scrub, or you can also use sugar and coconut oil.
Last of all, don't forget to book in to wax those brows a few days before the event!
7. If your eyes are very sensitive, water easily, or flinch a lot, you may want to opt out of having false lashes, or smoky eye makeup. It is very difficult to apply lashes on someone who flinches a lot, and If they water easily, the glue cannot set properly. The smoky look is also very difficult to apply on someone with sensitive eyes.
I hope these tips have helped you with respect to choosing your style for your event! If you have any questions at all do not hesitate to contact us!